I am Happy. Why?
1. Because the Ewa Beach Post Office, just down the road, didn’t have a long line of people sending their holiday mail! Yippee! I’m all done sending packages and now just have to send cards.
2. Sky’s red eye is getting better with the eye drops. And thank you to the Ewa Beach Longs for giving me a 50% off discount when they found out the eye drops were for my dog and not me. Sorry, my dog doesn’t have HMSA and they so understood that. Ha!
3. I’m not working today *a break well needed* I’m working a very hectic schedule this weekend. Why? The Honolulu Marathon and the holiday rush of course! We’ll see how I get through it. It’s not working that irritates me, it’s the traffic. It’s being in traffic for 75 minutes, crawling towards Ala Moana. That’s what bugs me. Plus the 40 mile round trip adding up mileage in my car. I put 80 miles on my car yesterday because I had to make two trips to town. For the vet visit and then for work.
4. The new year is upon us! I love New Year, it’s a chance to start over or to add more adventures to your life.
5. Tonight is Josh’s company party so I get to relax, have some food and drink and be merry!
As for my holiday shopping…I’m 90% done. So exciting. I can’t help myself, I’m such a gift giver. I tell myself my list will be shorter every year, but I can’t help myself. I love buying gifts. Sometimes I make them but I didn’t have time this year. I’ll start early next year because I do know what I want to make as gifts next year.
In the spirit of the holidays, want to learn some hawaiian holiday phrases?
Mele Kalikimaka (Meh-leh Ka-lee-kee-ma-ka) = Merry Christmas
Hau’oli Makahiki Hou (How-oh-lee Ma-ka-hee-kee Ho) = Happy New Year
Okay and I can’t help myself…I was stuck in traffic at the Middle Street merge and this song contained my road frustrations. It made me start cracking up especially because I was driving through my old neighborhood Kalihi. Frank Delima was a big time local comedian back in the 80’s and he made this hilarious christmas song using the Ilocano accent. He makes fun of Filipinos (Ilocanos) and I think it’s HILARIOUS because it’s sooooo true!! HAHA…and I’m Ilocano but hell, I don’t mind, I am not offended at all. I remember my dad playing this all the time when I was younger and it would drive me nuts because he’d think it was genius. It’s such a Hawaii thing.
So thank you Frank Delima for making me laugh yesterday when I thought I was going to lose it and start cussing at stupid drivers. 🙂
Will post pics of the party if I take any. Thanks for reading!